Senior Goodbye

Senior+Goodbye

Marley Romero, Section Editor

Senior year is coming to an end and now is when seniors usually reminisce on the last four years. 

Some remember the rallies or the football games while others remember where they used to sit at lunch or the clothes they used to wear. Those first two years of high school seemed easy and fun.

“The best part of my high school experience has been making new friends,” senior Martha Campos said. “Having new friends I will take with me for the rest of my life is such a cool thing to think about.”

These good memories aren’t the only thing that seniors are thinking about. Some seniors are thinking about how hard it was to get through these last four years. A lot of activities in and out of school were put on hold. 

“My sports got canceled and I eventually gave up on school my sophomore year,” Campos said.

The classes we took these last few years were impactful on us in some way. You may have had a class that stuck with you or a class that you heard about and wish you would’ve taken. 

“My favorite class, content-wise, has been AP Psychology, and my favorite class, from how it was taught, was AP Statistics,” senior Amy Eliassieh.

Luckily we made it. We got through these four years, a pandemic, and the tough classes, and we are now graduating. This is probably going to be one of the most exciting times in our lives.

“I’m looking forward to taking a lot of pictures with my friends and not necessarily saying goodbye but saying ‘see you later’,” Campos said.

While some students are excited to start this new chapter in their lives, others will miss their high school days. They will miss the environment, the teachers, and the fun activities that leadership put on for us.

“I’m not looking forward to not seeing a lot of my friends daily anymore,” Eliassieh said. 

Now that we are leaving we should leave a piece of us behind for the underclassmen and incoming freshmen. A piece of advice or recommendation so they can feel less scared about entering high school.

“One thing I wish I knew before starting high school was how easily you can get distracted,” Campos said. “It’s easy to be forgetful or move on to other things.”

As we reach the end of our high school careers it seems bittersweet, but we are all heading towards bigger and better things. Some of us are going to college, others enlisting in the army, or even going into trade school.

“I’m looking forward to moving on to the next stage of my life!” Eliassieh said.