Into the Multiverse

Lesly Hernandez, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Christmas break is close, and students want to start their holiday break off the right way. Watching the new movie “Spider-Man: No Way Home” would be a perfect way to do so.

“Spider-Man: No Way Home” will be in theaters on December 17th and has been long-awaited by Marvel fans.

The new movie will be Tom Holland’s third film in the Spider-Man series. This time, we will see him break the multiverse and attempt to get everyone to forget his true identity. It was revealed in the last movie “Spider-Man: Far From Home.”

Junior, Carly Luksich, is a Marvel fan herself and is patiently waiting for December 17 to arrive.

“I’m feeling very excited, and it’s been a huge wait, and I just can’t wait to see it,” Luksich said.

Fans are excited about the return of villains from the past Spider-Man movies, including Doctor Octavius, Green Goblin, and Electro, as well as the events that the trailers have shown.

The new movie is guaranteed to have a lot of action and include many fighting scenes, as it will mention the multiverse too.

During the movie, freshman Kerolos Bahr is most looking forward to seeing “the action that happens as Spider-Man webbing people [while] flying through the city.”

The trailers left Marvel fans with many emotions, most of them being pure excitement. 

“I’m really excited to see the part where MJ is falling and I want to see what happens after that because the trailer left me really excited,” Junior Karla Villa said.

The trailers had fans reacting in different ways. They included the appearance of villains from previous Spider-Man movies, and overall, lots of action and mystery.

“The trailers were really emotional and left me in shock like I can’t believe they really [had] so many parts with the villains and everything,” Villa said. “Honestly, I was in shock.” 

This was an expected reaction from fans because the trailer concluded that the new Spider-Man movie will be complex and a variation of all the other Spider-Man movies, all in one film.

The one thing that was missing from the trailers, however, was the appearance of the past Spider-Man’s, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield.

Fans have high expectations to see the previous actors in the new movie, even though their arrival has yet to be confirmed. 

“One thing that would disappoint me is if the other Spider-Man’s weren’t there because everyone’s hyping that up,” Villa said. “[If] that’s not there, I think it would be like a real downfall.”

Tickets for the new movie went on sale on November 29 at 12 AM EST giving fans a rollercoaster of emotions.

This was because websites, such as Fandango, crashed during the first few hours of the tickets’ release. Fans were frustrated for hours trying to acquire tickets and get good seats for the movie. 

Many people tried to get tickets for opening night considering the fact that the internet is well-known for spoiling movies in an instant.