Creating A Life After College

Back to Article
Back to Article

Creating A Life After College

What are you going to do?

What are you going to do?

What are you going to do?

What are you going to do?

Chinna Nguyen, Staff Writer

Thinking into the future can be really scary, especially for those who are soon to be graduating from college or university. Students would have to think about what they want to do after they  graduate and what else would be in store for them now that they’re being freely released into a world without barely any support because they’re now an adult and they have to take care of themselves, that’s a lot of responsibility to take in.

Freshman, Ryan Hernandez, has been planning a few years ahead of how and what he should do right after he graduates from a college or a university.

“I would want to find a job with a stable income, possibly move out of San Jose or even California and become independent from my parents,” Hernandez said.

However, he thinks that it would still be tough to be well-balanced right after he graduates from being a student, it won’t be easygoing to find a home and a job from your major.

“I think it would be difficult for everything to be stable at first due to competition and money complications. But after I settle down and hopefully get a job, things will get better,” Hernandez said.

Freshman, Christopher Nguyen has also been deciding on how he should work things out when he graduates after doing some reasoning.

“After finishing college or university I would ideally go straight into finding a job. As of now, I’m not quite sure of what I will major in or what job I’d most like to be, but I’m sure that as soon as I finish I’m going straight to work,” Nguyen said.

As to prepare for what’s coming to him in the future he’ll find alternative culls to make preparations for his oncoming maturity that he will soon experience once he is finished with his studies.

“I’d make sure to check out my options and see if there are any available local positions that I’d be interested in. I would also make sure that I’d be self-sustainable for at least a year after finishing college just in case I can’t find a job immediately,” Nguyen said.

Though, He doesn’t think highly of being able to find himself fixed when he starts off his new days with having to worry about the world of responsibility.

“Chances are, most new graduates won’t be in a stable situation right after getting out. I expect myself to struggle after college and all I hope is that I can develop enough preparation for me to fall back on,” Nguyen said.

About the Writer
Chinna Nguyen, Staff Writer

Chinna Nguyen is a freshman who moved to San Jose from Manila. She lived in Manila for 3 years. She has lived here for 11 years. Although she was assigned...