GHS Interact’s recent events

Ava Brough, Staff Writer

Interact, an international youth club for ages 12-18, “helps others have awareness,” says Isis Ambriz, a freshman of Gunderson High School and active member of Interact. The club is “also seen as a way for people to focus on the community around them.”

Recently, Interact has had multiple events concluding in what many members and outsiders see as “a big success.”

Last Saturday, September 22, Interact held an event promoting the awareness of HIV within the LGBTQ+ community.

Jennifer Hoang, a sophomore and an Interact officer attended the Jubilee and helped with set up.

She described it as,  “very fun.. surprisingly fun.. I would have recommended more people to come and help spread awareness.”

Hoang said Interact “helps define passion for service, not just about community or social events.”

She also included that the club promotes and puts on charity events including the Harvest Festival occurring Saturday, October 6 at Martial Cottle Park.

Interact’s next major event will be the Fall Leadership Conference (FLC), which Cristina Phan, president and director of Interact, described as “..the biggest event of this semester.”

Over 4000 FLC members will be attending, worldwide.

“Interact is a very diverse and fun group to be in. I recommend it for anyone who loves helping their community,” Phan says. “In the past 10 years, Interact has raised over 1.2 million dollars for charity, victims of sex trafficking, special needs, and over 7,000 hours of community service.”

If you or anyone you know is interested in Interact, meetings are held on Monday during lunch in Evan’s room, D6. For more information, visit Gunderson’s Interact’s website.