• November 27Need money for college? See Ms. Bowers in the College and Career Center for a list of available scholarships.

• November 27Yearbook questions? See Ms. Silverman or a yearbook rep in D3!

Movie: “The First Purge”

Reasons why ‘The First Purge’ will be one of the most popular movies this summer.

+A+quote+from+the+Purge+movies+that+is+frequently+used+to+indicate+that+the+U.S.+is+now+reborn+due+to+the+creation+of+the+12+hour+Purge%0A
 A quote from the Purge movies that is frequently used to indicate that the U.S. is now reborn due to the creation of the 12 hour Purge

https://youtu.be/UL29y0ah92w

https://youtu.be/UL29y0ah92w

Jalen Hunter

The Purge series is a group of 3, soon to be 4, horror movies all about the same event occurring each year that leads to many deaths.

“Purge” means to remove a group of people considered undesirable from an organization or place in a violent or abrupt manner. The Purge movies implement the meaning of the word ‘Purge’ in an entertaining yet dramatic fashion.

Each of the 3 movies (The Purge, The Purge: Anarchy, and The Purge: Election Year) all were based around a fictional future America where every year there is 12 hour period where all crime, including murder, is legal. In each movie they are all portraying the same 12 hour period but with different characters and different point of views in each one.

I predict that the most upcoming Purge movie titled The First Purge will be the series most popular and thrilling horror movie this summer

Horror movies are loved across America by many people maybe because they love getting scared or love the feeling of knowing a scary part in the movie is about to occur. The movies get your blood racing and by the time the movie is over you feel as though you could do anything.

he Purge movies had me feeling that way after each and every one of them and I’m sure they would make you feel that way as well.

The movies are super popular because of the simple fact that the movies orchestrate such a believable impersonation of America but with a dark twist. The Purge had many people thinking “hat if this actually happened in America or was a real day America had each year.” It makes them think as though anything could be possible.

The original Purge movie which was released in 2013 and made $89,328,627, The Purge: Anarchy released in 2014 made $111,928,365 and the The Purge: Election Year released in 2016 made $118,587,880. The first Purge movie made $89.3 million dollars with a $3 million dollar budget which is the lowest budgeted film to hit the top of the box office charts since 1988.

“I’ve seen all of them and I liked every single one to be honest,” freshman Destiny Dam said.

“I think the movies drawed a lot of attention because people love violence.” Dam said.

The Purge series also brought great attention towards Halloween because the costumes are just a go-to costume for people of all ages and not hard to find in stores so every year there are a great hand full of others dressing up as one of the characters.

The popularity of each of the 3 purge movies had over-exceeded the franchise’s expectations in views and money made which gives me no doubt that this year’s movie will be the most viewed and money made out of them all.

“I’ll for sure go see the newest Purge movie this summer because it looks pretty good and because why not.” Dam said.

The Final Purge will be released July 4, 2018 and will be shown in the nearest theatre: Westfield Oakridge Mall at the Century 20 movie theatre