• November 27Need money for college? See Ms. Bowers in the College and Career Center for a list of available scholarships.

• November 27Yearbook questions? See Ms. Silverman or a yearbook rep in D3!

Gunderson’s Crowded Hallways!!!

Crammed and Crowded Hallways!!!

Crowded+Hallway
Crowded Hallway

Crowded Hallway

Jalen Hunter

Jalen Hunter

Crowded Hallway

Jalen Hunter, Staff Writer

Here at Gunderson High School we have one of the biggest campuses in our district (San Jose Unified School District). Having a big campus is pretty cool but it could come with some disadvantages as well.

The biggest disadvantage is most definitely commuting through the school and getting to class on time. But the most impactful flaw about commuting through the school is the fact that the hallways are really crammed and can get super crowded.

Alexandra Del Valle, a freshman here at Gunderson said, “The halls usually get the most crowded on rainy days, and the what makes me most mad is when others bump into me.”

I couldn’t agree more with that statement because when others bump into me I get really mad and angry. I also believe that the halls get the most crowded on rainy days because no one wants to be outside in the rain where it’s cold and wet.

Most of the times i’ve been late to class is because the hallways were super crowded and there was no space to walk. The things that really make me mad that others do in the hallways is when someone is walking then just stop out of nowhere or to talk to a friend.

Another thing that really irritates me is when i’m in a rush and people decide to walk super slow.

I spoke to Ms.Greenberg, a math teacher here at Gunderson. I asked her if our halls and can get too crammed and this is what she said, “Most definitely, and it doesn’t help that the students walk so slow.”

“Which as a person who generally walks fast can be really annoying, ” she said.

I also asked Greenburg what makes her most mad at students in the halls when it’s crowded and she said, “One thing is when students are walking in a line with their friends so that we can’t get around them.”

“Kind of like when your at Costco and people in the carts take up the middle of the isle so that you can’t get around them,” Greenburg said.

Destiny Dam, a Freshman here at Gunderson shared with me the places at our school the get the most crowded and crammed. Dam said, “The halls near the front office and the hallway that leads out to the portables I believe are the most crowded.”

I agree with Dam’s statement 100%. The reasons why those places are the most crowded is probably because all of the students who have a class in the section of the E,T, and N classrooms almost all go through those doors right next to the bathrooms to get back inside the school or they exit them to get to a class in that part of the school.

The office on the other hand is definitely one of the most crowded places because not only do many students have there lockers on the hallway, but also because the front office is also arguably the main part of our school and the doors that lead to it are definitely the most used doors in the whole school.

Ways I believe our school can decrease the crammed hallways is probably making more rules that concern what us as students should and shouldn’t do in the hallways. Such as making sure all students walk on the right side and making sure students aren’t standing in the middle of the hallways just talking to their friends.

The last thing our can do is make more areas in the school (such as alternate paths or walkways) that could be used by us students to commute from class to class.