• November 27Need money for college? See Ms. Bowers in the College and Career Center for a list of available scholarships.

• November 27Yearbook questions? See Ms. Silverman or a yearbook rep in D3!

Battle of the bell

The annual Battle of the Bell dance and rally will be held at Gunderson.

Last year’s Battle of the Bell held at Pioneer High School

Mitzy Garcia, Editor

Gunderson’s annual Battle of the Bell is just around the corner, so it’s time to clear that debt and gather your spirit gear! Battle of the Bell is a combination dance and rally where Gunderson and Pioneer High School go through a series of competitions such as games and cheers. The rally then leads into a dance.

This year is not like our previous Battle of the Bell because it will be hosted here at Gunderson High School!

Ticket sales will begin on the February 5th and will continue to be sold until the day of dance and rally at the door. The flash sale will begin February 5th through the 6th. Regular pricing will continue from the 7th to the 15th. Pricing will go up if you purchase at the door. In order to purchase a ticket, YOU MUST CLEAR ALL DEBT.

“I think it’s the most hyped up; especially because last year was the first year so it was a whole new experience for everyone,” senior, Tara Joyce said.

Although the Battle of the Bell is a new addition to our regularly scheduled events it has quickly grown to be many students’ favorite rally and dance…but it isn’t for everyone.

“I’m just not really a huge fan of dances and things like that. They sound cool but they aren’t really my thing,” senior Star Madrid said.

One thing that everyone can participate in is our spirit week. The spirit week will be coordinated with Pioneer and starts on February 12th, the week leading up to the Bell event on the 16th.

A new addition to our usual spirit days is Rep the Bay Day on the 15th where we will be able to represent our favorite Bay Area sports teams!

Similar to last year, the ticket to enter the event will be the t-shirt you receive when you pay so make sure to wear it to the Bell event.

“We’re [leadership] also a lot more prepared because we’ve been planning this closely with them [Pioneer] so it’ll be even better than last year,” senior, Jazra Zuleta, said.

It’s time for a win, Grizzlies, so go all out!