• November 27Need money for college? See Ms. Bowers in the College and Career Center for a list of available scholarships.

• November 27Yearbook questions? See Ms. Silverman or a yearbook rep in D3!

Super Bowl Parties

Football is a trademark of America

There are so many different personalities, however there are a few you can always count on.

https://static.pexels.com/photos/4198/field-sport-ball-america.jpg

Shayne Harms, Staff Writer

Super Bowl parties are a dime a dozen. For those of you who don’t know, a Super Bowl is the championship game for NFL Football players. A team goes into the playoffs, then if they win every game throughout the playoffs, they will play in the biggest game, the Super Bowl. The winning team gets a ring for each player, and the Lombardi trophy to display for the franchise. The Super Bowl has been happening since 1967, the Green Bay Packers were the first team to win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Each year there is a different set of commercials, which are probably the most entertaining commercials all year. This year included a Dirty Dancing themed football commercial, an Alexa commercial from Amazon, and an M&M commercial with Danny Devito.

Super Bowls parties are so blown out of proportion that it becomes a family reunion for some people.

There’s the person who drinks a large amount of the supplied alcohol. They typically end up taking an uber or taxi home from the party. They also make the party more entertaining than the actual game.

There’s also, the teenager who doesn’t want to be there. They want to be with their friends. So, as an act of protest they’re on their electronics the entire time. They only pay attention to the final score, that way they can talk to their friends about it the next day.

Then, there’s the person who is only there for the food. You can usually find them crowding the food table, or with a plate of food in their hands whenever you see them. Whether it’s the wings, the chips and dip, or anything else on the snack table. You can always count on it to be gone by the end of the night thanks to them.

Next, is the person who has watched every single Super Bowl “ever” and is reliving all the memories. Including the, “Were you there for that one play?” questions that never end. Sometimes, they talk about past halftime performances. Including, “that one time when Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson wardrobe mishap” being on constant repeat.

Also, there is the person who is way too obsessed with the game. You know who this person is. They’re the ones who are screaming at the TV the whole time, or  talking about the “glory days” when they had to “walk to school, uphill both ways, in the freezing snow, on their hands.” Back when they were about to get a football scholarship.

Finally, there’s the proud parents. They’re the people who can’t stop talking about their kids the whole games. They can typically be found showing off pictures of their oh so brilliant children, who could never do anything wrong.

This year the Super Bowl was on February 4, 2018.. The game was in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the U.S. Bank Stadium.The Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots 41-33. Justin Timberlake performed halftime, and his performance included a tribute to Prince, who was from Minnesota.

Overall, without all of these people put together, the party would be the most boring part of the year, and it wouldn’t be as important to the American society as it actually is. Football is definitely a huge part of our country’s entity. America wouldn’t be America without football. So, if football parties were boring there would be no cause to watch football at all, the industry would collapse, and America would be very different.