How did Ms. Evans become Ms. Evans?

Back to Article
Back to Article

How did Ms. Evans become Ms. Evans?

Shayne Harms

Shayne Harms

Shayne Harms

Shayne Harms, Staff Writer

Kristin Evans is seen as an amazing teacher. She reads aloud to her class, which allows them to retain information easier. She also takes late work, and gives full credit no matter how late it actually is. Evans does so many extra things for the school, she works hard on the pop-up store in the library, and she is in charge of the Interact club. She teaches Senior English and Freshman English.

When she was in school she struggled in math, “math was hard for me, in fact at one point my teacher told my mom, that they should consider alternative education for me because I would never graduate, and I was just in fourth grade”, says Evans.

“By the time I had made it to Southeast Missouri University, or San Jose State University, I had already had three kids, and three step-kids, so six all together… feeling like the oldest one in the classroom, or knowing that I had to go home and cook dinner, and take care of the children and this and that on top of going to school, was really hard, it was kind of demoralizing at some point when you feel like you’re the oldest person, and you should’ve, could’ve, would’ve [done college at a younger age]…”

Evans has had to endure plenty of hardships in her life to become the sweet, hardworking, and down-to-Earth teacher a lot of her students have come to know her as.