• November 27Need money for college? See Ms. Bowers in the College and Career Center for a list of available scholarships.

• November 27Yearbook questions? See Ms. Silverman or a yearbook rep in D3!

“My sandwich!”

Going viral on a famous Instagram page

www.worldstarhiphop.com

Alondra Rodriguez, Staff Writer

Imagine a friend of yours recording a video of you that unexpectedly goes viral on the social media app, Instagram.

A freshman at Gunderson, Sean Nguyen, who ironically didn’t have an Instagram account, instantly went viral over jumping into a trash can because his sandwich was stolen.

He found out he made it big because of his friends screaming “WORLDSTAR!” at him. Not to mention, his uncle, mom, and cousins had seen the video before him.

The recording wasn’t unexpected though. Sean and his friends were messing around when his friend started to film, which he was aware of.

When he saw himself on the page, he felt very silly about it. “I just thought society has degraded so far to the point that they found a kid jumping into a trash can funny,” said Nguyen.

So far there hasn’t been an effect on him, except for a majority of the school knowing him. Sean has made new friends but does not consider them close.

“I try not to let fame get to my head, so I try to be humble about it.”

About the Writer
Alondra Rodriguez, Staff Writer
My name is Alondra Rodriguez, I am 14 years old & a freshman at Gunderson High School. I was born and raised in San Jose, California. I like to play soccer and sometimes football. This is my first year taking journalism and I am excited to write articles relevant to the school.