Jumping into the New year

Harrison Nguyen, Staff Writer

A year has passed by which means there are lots of new experiences to come and be ready for, including things like new films, songs, and trends. Having something entertaining helps pass the time and gives people an outlet to relax. Relaxation is key to everyone’s health, as it can help them destress and stay in a good mood.

Movies  

To get started, many are interested in upcoming movies such as Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17), Scream 6 (March 10), and John Wick 4 (March 24).

“I’m really excited for the new Ant-Man Movie,” Freshman Avila Aubrey said. “I really enjoyed it because it had a lot of drama… it’s just so interesting to watch [Scott Lang’s] evolution as a character.”

Films are meticulously worked on to be interesting and compelling. Watching movies helps pass the time, have a laugh, or keep you on the edge of your seat. 

There is so much variety within movies and it can be difficult to find ones that interest you.

A good website for finding out the exact release dates of more new films is www.imdb.com/calendar.

Anime    

Another category that keeps people on their toes are the new anime coming out with new seasons and adaptations. These include new seasons of Demon Slayer (releasing around spring), Spy x Family (confirmed but no exact date of 2023), Jujutsu Kaizen (summer of 2023), Attack on Titan (releasing on March 3rd), and many more.

“I watch anime a lot because it’s interesting and relatable,” Freshman Tram Nguyen said. “I relate to them [anime characters] and how they deal with family issues.”

Plenty of funds is invested into these animated art pieces (at around 48.3 billion dollars), not to mention all the labor required for it too. This is due to anime being very developed, having a lot of thought put into it in order to create animations that people enjoy and like. 

“I like it [anime] because it’s a good source of entertainment,” Nguyen said. “Especially during quarantine when I had no one to talk to, or anyone to do things with. It left a deep impression on me.”

If you think you’d like to watch a story and drama unfold in a different perspective, anime is a way that you can find some unique stories. release dates on these upcoming anime are available on the website animecollective.com. 

Music

Many new albums are yet to be released in the new year, from artists like Kali Uchis( Album named “Red Moon In Venus”), Lana Del ray, Metallica, and much more. Fans are dying for them to release their music and to support them.

“Music is important to me because it’s a way of self expression,”  Avila said.“It can bring you up in a time of sadness… [or] sometimes you’re really happy [and] you want to jump around. Music can be a way to express yourself, and to also put messages so people can know to love themselves.”

People everywhere across the globe listen to music, be it a montage, a music video, or in the background. Music is everywhere we go, so we should be expecting much more to come from the industry. The reason for this is because with artists coming back after a long awaited return,  it reinvigorates fans, making them crave for more.

“I’m excited for new music to drop this year,” Senior Karla Villa said. “As well as for many artists to go on tour… I hope.”A convenient website you could use to know more about upcoming albums is www.pitchfork.com/news/new-album-releases/.