Tiktok has many different sides. A popular one is to watch viral food videos. I love to favorite the videos so I can try them out later on, and they’re surprisingly easy.
I chose 3 popular tends to tell you about including whipped coffee, the TikTok breakfast sandwich, and pancake cereal.
First off, whipped coffee. Whipped coffee is actually a name coined by Americans. The treat has actually been around for quite a while but under different names. Dalgona Coffee first originated in Korea, relating to a Korean candy foam topping. You may also recognize it as Frappe Coffee in Greece or Beaten Coffee in India. It is super easy to make, and all you need are 2 tablespoons of instant coffee, 2 tablespoons of warm water, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. The steps are shown below.
- Mix together coffee and sugar
- Use a hand mixer or a whisk to mix
- You know it’s done when it
- looks like a cloud
- Put ice and milk in a glass and top it off with the Dalgona coffee!
Tiktok Breakfast Sandwich
The Tiktok breakfast sandwich is so delicious and much easier (and cleaner) to make than a regular breakfast sandwich. You can also make it with healthy alternatives like egg whites instead of the whole egg or avocado. The steps are shown below.
- In a bowl, scramble 2 eggs (or more depending on how big you want your sandwich)
- Cook on a pan
- Submerge two slices of bread while eggs are still runny
- Flip when eggs are cooked, then add toppings
- And Enjoy!
Pancake cereal is a creation based on a similar delicious treat in the Netherlands called Poffertjes. Poffertjes are just like pancake cereal, but instead of batter, they use butter and sugar. They are a bit of a hassle to make but the end result is so worth it! The steps are shown below.
- Make box batter (or from scratch)
- Put batter in a bottle with a squeeze top, or a ziplock bag with a small slit for the batter to come out from
- In a pan, squeeze little drops of batter all over the pan
- Flip when bubbles appear
- Put in a bowl of milk, or just some syrup and butter. Enjoy!