Allison+Crawford

Allison Crawford

One of the fresh faces on Gunderson’s campus this year is Allison Crawford, our new Assistant Principal of Guidance. As the AP of Guidance, she supports Leadership and the Academic Counselors and is in charge of testing, social media, and academic awards, among other things.

Ever since middle school, education has been Crawford’s calling. She attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, which she says is the “best school ever,”  for a degree in education with an emphasis in math, and Concordia University for her master’s degree in educational administration. Before coming to Gunderson, Crawford spent nine years at Bernal Intermediate as a math teacher and later an educational coach.

Although distance learning has made the experience as a new staff member different, Crawford’s time at Gunderson has been great so far. “It was wonderful being able to work the registration days and get to meet most students in person. I was beyond impressed with how kind and respectful the students were,” Crawford said. “So far the staff have been incredible— very welcoming and supportive. And I really feel the grizzly family vibe that students and staff are talking about.” One of Crawford’s goals for this year is to sit in on classrooms as much as possible in order to be as supportive to staff and students as she can.

In her free time, Crawford loves to travel, play board and card games, and eat at new restaurants. Her favorite places she’s traveled to are Washington DC and Amsterdam, Netherlands.

The Paw Print • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in