Haneet+Goraya

Haneet Goraya

Haneet Goraya is one of Gunderson’s new staff members. This year, she is joining us as our school psychologist. Before coming to Gunderson, she went to Purdue University for her undergrad in legal studies. After, she attended Walden University for her master’s in Psychology, and then went to River University for her post master’s to get her school psychologist certification.

“I’ve been a substitute teacher in Massachusetts… and a school psych intern in New Hampshire,” Goraya said. She wanted to become a school psychologist “so [she] could help make a difference in students’ lives and help them access the curriculum with the correct supports in place.” 

Her job at Gunderson includes providing counseling and administering assessments to students referred for special education services. As a child, she already knew that she “wanted to go into a field along the lines of social service and advocacy,” and found that in school psychology, where she “[helps] students work through trauma and [ensures] student emotional health and wellbeing.” 

In her free time, she likes to hike, work out, visit new places, cook, bake, and binge-watch a good series. If she could have one superpower, she would choose flying because “flying can transport you faster than any superpower.”

The Paw Print • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in