Graduate Eligible

Students are required to meet A-G requirements to graduate with a diploma

Photo via Google images under creative commons licence

Marley Romero, Staff Writer

Are you one of the few students in California who doesn’t finish their requirements to go to college? The Public Policy Institute of California says that 80% of people graduate with all of their A-G requirements done. That means a lot of students don’t get their high school diploma and could end up with a job they aren’t proud of. Students should finish their requirements so they will succeed in life. Completing your requirements can be rewarding in different ways. For instance, you will be able to get a well-paying job that you hopefully love. Also, you will be able to go to college at any time, even if you want to take a year or more off. And overall, it makes you feel accomplished.

Finishing all your requirements and getting your diploma will help you succeed in life. The district needs to make sure everyone in school completes all of their A-G requirements to graduate. If they do this and you graduate, you would be able to get a much better job than if they never enforced it. For example, careerbuilder.com says that with a regular high school diploma, you could become a bicycle repairman. If you love to do that, then the job is right for you, but personally, I think people can be so much more. If you were to graduate both high school and college, you could become a marketing manager for a big company, which pays well and has good benefits for you and other people around you.

Some people don’t want to go to college right after high school because they want to figure out what they want to do with their lives. Having a high school diploma can give them that opportunity with the chance to go to college whenever they decide to. I think that with the diploma, you have a great opportunity to take some time for yourself. You could take a year or 5 years before you go to college to search for yourself and really think about what kind of person you want to be before you commit. In the long run, it will be useful for you so you don’t get stuck getting a degree in a major that you don’t want.

People who don’t complete high school might not feel accomplished with themselves. Completing your requirements and graduating can help you feel accomplished with yourself. All requirements are easy to do, just go to all of your class. Now that doesn’t seem so hard. The website ucop.edu says things like turning in your homework and getting a C or higher on tests, can get you a good grade in a class. Plus, these required classes can help later in life to succeed. This will lead to passing your requirements, making you eligible for your high school diploma.

In the end, it’s really not hard to complete the requirements, and students should stop complaining and get them done. Once they finish, they will feel so good about themselves and have so many opened doors for them looking forward.

About the Writer
Marley Romero, Staff Writer

Marley Romero is a first year staff writer for the Paw Print. Born and raised in San Jose, she recently promoted from John Muir Middle school last year...