Fiddler on the Roof Jr.

Performance+Stage
Back to Article
Back to Article

Fiddler on the Roof Jr.

Performance Stage

Performance Stage

Emilia Vazquez

Performance Stage

Emilia Vazquez

Emilia Vazquez

Performance Stage

Luhanna Abella and Emilia Vazquez

This year Drama will be performing a Musical Production of “Fiddler on The Roof Jr”. The set is in Russia, 1905. It is based on Tevye( T-eh-v-uh) and his daughters.

The story centers on Tevye, the father of five daughters, as he attempts to maintain his Jewish religion and cultural traditions as outside influences approach upon his family’s lives.

Tevye’s three older daughters, wish to marry for love, each daughter’s choice of a husband moves further away from the customs of their Jewish faith and heritage.  

Tevye is the narrator and main character of this story, and husband to the headstrong Golde (goal-DUH).

As Tevye’s wife for twenty-five years and mother of his five daughters, Golde is an efficient helpmate and traditionalist, faced with changes of a “new world.” She has a sharp tongue and wit.

Tzeitel (ZY-T-uh-L) Tevye and Golde’s eldest daughter, is about twenty years old and falls in love with a low-income tailor and wishes for her father’s blessing.

Hodel, Tevye and Golde’s second daughter, Hodel falls in love and they defy tradition by not seeking her father’s permission to marry, only his blessing. Later, she leaves Anatevka for Siberia to be with the imprisoned Perchik.

Chava (H-ah-v-ah), Tevye and Golde’s third daughter, Chava falls in love with a Russian, and is ordered to “never see him again.” They eloped and run away secretly in order to get married and then afterward her family disowns her.

The musical is open to the whole school and staff, auditions will be November 5th, 7th, 9th, and 14th. If necessary you can audition during 7th period GLC.

He is faced with many struggles during the play. Casting will be completed by and posted by November 15th.

“Practice will start January 8th right after school. Practices will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school until 4 pm.” according to Mrs. Orozco

Pick up audition packets, they are placed at the bin behind the door in C-1, you can also talk to Mrs. Orozco for more information.

About the Contributor
Emilia Vazquez, Staff Writer

Emilia Vazquez is a 9th grader in Gunderson high school.  She was born and raised in San Jose, California, her past school was John Muir which is north...