Wireless distractions

The+bluetooth+speakers+are+easily+connected+to+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Wireless distractions

The bluetooth speakers are easily connected to

Angelina Gulizia, Staff Writer

Gunderson classrooms have been experiencing disruptions via classroom Bluetooth speakers.  Students are connecting to the speakers through their phones and playing music.

The music is often inappropriate and the speakers tend to be at a loud volume.

This can be disruptive to the learning environment, but the larger problem lies within the possibility of it happening during times other than just normal instruction.

“It is disruptive, but it’s more of a funny break,” said social sciences teacher Genise Weathers. “I guess if it happened during a test or a writing assignment I would be furious.”

Another possible issue raised is students taking advantage of substitute teachers who aren’t used to dealing with the technology.

Freshman Ethan Breslin said, “There was a sub and someone started playing music, and  [the sub] got mad.”

Some are worried about this Bluetooth issue continuing, but many students are not concerned.

”I thought it was kind of funny,” said Breslin. “I don’t think there’s a problem.”

About the Writer
Angelina Gulizia, Staff Writer

Angelina Gulizia is a sophomore at Gunderson High School. She joined journalism because she enjoys writing, keeping up with the news, and talking about issues that are important to her. Angie was born in San Jose and she has been here ever since. Angie enjoys reading about global events and making a difference in her community. When she is not at school, Angie spends most of her time being a competitive gymnast and a Girl Scout.