Juniors to Seniors

One year left!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Juniors to Seniors

These are three spirited juniors (left Carmen  middle Nani left Jade) took this after the homecoming rally  … courtesy of nani cruz

These are three spirited juniors (left Carmen middle Nani left Jade) took this after the homecoming rally … courtesy of nani cruz

Erin Wells, Staff Writer

The moment that the class of 2019 have been waiting for: senior year. Senior year can be an exciting, but also scary time for most. Being a senior comes with more responsibilities and challenges, but students may also find it has many positives.

Many juniors are eager to become seniors and start a new chapter in their lives.

“At this time of the year, I’m really just excited about going into my senior year. Going into senior year comes with more responsibility and dedication,” junior Juanita Lopez said.

Senior year is bound to be full of excitement, but once students walk up on the stage and graduate it will be an emotional time for many. The soon-to-be-seniors have spent all four years making memories and lifelong friendships with other students and even teachers.

“What I’m going to miss about Gunderson High School are the teachers because most of them I had were very helpful, caring, and got along with their students, and that’s very rare,” said junior Nikki Armamento.

Junior year is known to be a hard, stressful year, but it is also the year where students begin to start making decisions, like what college to go to or even what they’d want to study.

“I want to go into sports medicine because whenever my brother would get hurt in sports, I would try to help him,” said junior Jacob Rabon.

Rabon isn’t the only student who has an idea of what his path may be. Many students have an idea of what they’d like to pursue as their job in the future.

“I want to be a nurse,” said junior Chloe Riley.”I plan to either go to a JC [junior college] or a four year.”

Leaving high school to pursue any time of continuing education can be intimidating “Thinking about going into the real world and being an adult honestly scares me because of course it would be all new to me,” said Armamento.“[But] I do know that I am responsible, and I am willing to do whatever it may take. I’m really excited for what I have planned in the future, and so with that, I will just follow it and see where I go.”