• November 27Need money for college? See Ms. Bowers in the College and Career Center for a list of available scholarships.

• November 27Yearbook questions? See Ms. Silverman or a yearbook rep in D3!

La Lucha del Año

A wonderful play by the Drama club

Odette

Odette

Marco Antonio Rodriguez, Web Team, Junior

Luchadora a play performed by students that attend Gunderson High School was held on April 26th and the 27th. The play was performed twice in the same week both starting at 6 and ending around 9:30. Luchadora was performed by two different casts each time. The lead director being one of are very own teachers Mrs. Orozco. Not only does she teach our Drama Class but is also the coach of our school’s girls volleyball team.

Once I had arrived and purchased my ticket at the door I hastily took a seat near the back of the theater somewhere I could get a view of the full stage without having to run my eyes across the stage to keep up with the erratic movements that were going to be presented in front of us. As the play was presented they did their subtle lights check.. We could hear from behind the curtain the nervous and anxious students that were ready to get this play started. Before they dimmed the lights and started the play I took a quick moment to take a look at my surroundings and take notice of who and how people were interacting with one another. I overheard many proud family members boasting about his or her family member performing. I saw many mothers and fathers reaching into their bags and pulling out their phones reading the camera. Everything I heard and saw was nice, soothing, and cozy. With that, the lights were off and the play began.

The curtains rolled back and it began. Something I saw recurring was the stutter in lines and the occasional giggles I was able to spot from some of the actors and actresses. To be honest I expected a whole lot of cringe moments and a nearly disastrous play, but to my amazement, I was wrong. The play itself was a good concept, the advertising was well done with many posters being around the school and it being announced on Gunderson Live. The cast was good, they were in character except  for a couple of moments where either the cast messed up or thought they didn’t draw attention and did something out of the ordinary. Whether it was a person on the side off the stage or a side character on stage. Even with those little distractions the play was marvelous with the scenery that was changed, it was something that really took my attention.

In conclusion I stand my ground when I say the play was a well thought out and planned event with major success; bringing in many viewers to the theater to see the spectacle that I experienced.