• November 27Need money for college? See Ms. Bowers in the College and Career Center for a list of available scholarships.

• November 27Yearbook questions? See Ms. Silverman or a yearbook rep in D3!

The Art of Makeup

There are no limits when it comes to makeup

Citlalli Balderas, Staff Writer

Many may argue that makeup is both a good and bad thing to have in your life. With such expensive brand names, the many products used to complete a look, or just the insane amount of time used in a daily or glam makeup routine.

The thing that many people don’t notice is that makeup is a complete art, there are no limits to where you can take your makeup look to.

“ It gives me confidence.” Senior Mariah said.

Makeup gives users the ability to let their inner creativity come out and take over small brushes and sponges. As a makeup user myself, it’s cool and very interesting to see what other users come up with and how creative their looks come out.

“ I feel like I could express myself with it and because to me, it’s super fun and interesting because I could do many different looks or I could try new ones.” Sophomore Reyes said.

Makeup is just like any other hobby or interest, many people may hate on makeup or prefer users to not wear makeup because it “hides their natural beauty” but that’s really not the case. Sure, being comfortable in your own skin and being confident with or without makeup is important, but it does not change who you are as a person.

There are also many people who prefer not to wear any makeup and that’s just as fine because not everyone finds the same interest in it as others.

“ I don’t wear makeup because I’m insecure, I think I look good both ways… they’re just two versions of me.”

Makeup is an art that not many people will agree with or find the interest of, but it does give that extra boost of confidence and can take you a very long way even with a little product. Although it is expensive at times, takes hours, and resolves around a lot of product, it still lets our imagination and creativity take over with no limits at all.