• November 27Need money for college? See Ms. Bowers in the College and Career Center for a list of available scholarships.

• November 27Yearbook questions? See Ms. Silverman or a yearbook rep in D3!

Holy Grail of Highlighting Palettes

Maximize your ultimate glow

Noemi Cardenas, Staff Writer

Bretman Rock has completely taken the internet world by storm. Bretman announced to his 9.3 million followers on Instagram, 2.7 million subscribers on Youtube, and 2 million followers on Twitter that he had a secret collaboration he would reveal when the occasion called for it.

The Philippines-born 19-year-old spent a total of two years working on this collab which had all his fans -nationally and internationally- itching for the big reveal.

On March 13, much-loved makeup brand Morphe announced that they had teamed up with beauty sensation Bretman Rock to make a highlighting palette “Babe in Paradise” ($29.00) which would give off beautiful “Island glow” vibes. 

The collaboration features six high impact highlighters and also includes a custom fan brush made from natural hair.

Shade Names

• BEHBEH GURL (pearlescent pink)
  • VAYGAYTION (iced champagne sheen)
  • MAHU (gilded gold)
  • GET LEI’D (peachy pink sheen)
  • CHEEHOO (soft rose sheen)
  • SHADY B*TCH (golden copper luster)

These shades are perfect for all skin tones and a single hue for a more simple look, or you can even use multiple for that monochromatic look.

The highlighting trend has been around for a long time, and now, you can achieve it too. Wanna know the best part? You don’t need to have extreme makeup skills are required to slay this easy procedure, all you need is a highlighter (liquid, cream, stick, powder), setting spray and/or facial mist, and a brush of your choice.

LOOK ONE: NATURAL

1.  After you’ve applied the rest of your face makeup, choose the shade that’ll give you that subtle radiant glow without using too much product.
  2. Dip your brush into your desired shade of highlight and apply very lightly to desired areas of your face.
  3. Apply to high points of your cheekbones and the tip of the nose

LOOK TWO: GLOWY

1. Spray your brush with mist and/or setting spray; this works better with a powdered highlighter
  2. Use desired shade of highlighting pigment to apply to your face in a C-shaped motion, starting from the highest part of your cheekbones and moving upwards towards your temple
  3. Sweep onto the tip of the nose, as well as the bridge

About the Writer
Noemi Cardenas, Staff Writer
Noemi Cardenas is a sophomore attending Gunderson High School. Her family is Mexican-Born while she is a native of the Bay Area. She is kind, funny, and ambitious. All of these traits being what makes her such a hardworking student. She is currently a reporter for the Paw Print at GHS. She aspires to be...